Date Published: January 11, 2020
Here we provide a guide of how you can use your BMW to open your garage door.
To do this, BMW owners have to use the Homelink platform. The HomeLink platform is part of the most recent BMW models.
Using this feature means there is no longer the need for a garage door remote and allows an easy way to access your garage or gate.
Here is a step by step guide of what you need to do :
- Get your garage door remote. Move your BMW outside of the garage.
- Be within range of the garage or gate but do not be in the path of the door opening or closing.
- Get a ladder, open the garage door opener control panel, locate the LEARN Button.
- Get in your BMW, turn BMW accessories on but do not start the car. Tip: Press the start/stop button but do not put your foot on the brake.
- On your rear view mirror, press and hold Homelink buttons 1 and 3 at the same time for about ten seconds. The light will be solid yellow until you see the light flashing green. – now all old code settings are wiped out.
- Press button 1 until you see the yellow light flashing slowly
- Now hold your garage door opener/remote 3 inches from the mirror and push the button you want your BMW to use.
- When the little light on the mirror flashes green rapidly let go of your remote button and push the button to be programmed once.
- Now go up to control panel on the Garage door opener and press LEARN button
- You now have about 30 seconds to get down the ladder and push Homelink button 1 on your mirror.
- If you have another door to program, press Homelink button 2 until a slow blinking yellow light appears. Repeat steps 7-9.
Author: Omega Fumba